Sunday 8 January 2012

SELFRIDGES - BRIGHT YOUNG THINGS!!! (MENSWEAR)


To be honest the selection of all the menswear designers from the Bright Young Things this year are my favourite and I always want to wear some of them personally. Shaun Samson, Astrid Andersen, William Richard GreenAlex Mattsson, T.lipop and Oliver Ruuger just made me keep standing in front of the windows and saying "OH MY GOD!" I want to buy them all for my S/S 2012.




Shaun Samson was a MA fresh graduate from CSM last year and he launched his own label just right after the graduation show. His texture mixing technique makes him stand out from other graduates and got support from the Fashion East MAN show. I tried to figure out how he combine two different materials without any stitching but I didn't make it for sure.






I keep thinking of dots when I see William Richard Green. I always love his casualwear designs. Very clean shape, sharp but stand out, and he is the first innovative designer I met in London who keeps playing with latex in his collection. S/S 2012 he did a shirt with a Swedish illustrator Martin Wollerstam who did the window as well. I love paper craft stuffs so this is one of my favourite windows of the project (the little cat made some bonus points!)







It's great to know some new names by checking the windows like Oliver Ruuger. Oliver is a 2011 LCF graduate. The studded suitcase is driving me crazy and I think you may like the umbrella with a pony tail handle? I do like the lookbook photos from the website and the items give me a different feeling in the window.






I think my first time meeting T.lipop was the Ones to Watch show by Vauxhall Fashion Scout last year.    The classic hooded backpack was featured in different publications and I am glad that he keeps giving it a reborn every season. I like the American triangle patterns from the S/S 2012 very much but Selfridges only took his accessories from the collection. Once again! Paper craft is my weakness so I give T.lipop's window a "my favourite" label.







I have to thank you Ella Dror PR for inviting me to their press day that makes me had a great preview of Alex Mattsson. Alex is a RCA graduate and I would say he got a funky mind. There are some nice prints in the S/S 2012 but they didn't display them in the window so go to the pop-up store and check them out!!





Meeting Astrid Andersen at the first time was the last LFW. Her designs keep reminding me a friend I met in World's End. Graduating from RCA in 2010, Astrid's signature is the redeveloped sportswear. Silk, lace, pink and transparent elements which might be a taboo for normal menswear designers but they are key components for Astrid. I wish I was masculine enough to carry those outfit for a basketball match!




To check more details about the Bright Young Things project and to shop the collections, please visit Selfridges website
To check all the windows and talents last year, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...